About the Maryland Association of Traffic Accident Investigators
Founded in 1984, the Maryland Association of Traffic Accident Investigators, Inc. is an organization devoted to enhancing the understanding and knowledge in the field of motor vehicle collision investigation and reconstruction and highway safety. With membership throughout the Mid-Atlantic region in both the public and private sectors, MdATAI strives to meet the interests and needs of all members, whether engaged in civil or criminal aspects of collision investigation and reconstruction or highway-vehicle safety. MdATAI offers something for all members from the entry level investigator to the seasoned reconstructionist.
Membership in MdATAI provides members with excellent networking opportunities and access to specialized conferences and training, often at reduced rates. Members receive a complimentary subscription to Accident Reconstruction Journal magazine. Published bi-monthly, this magazine is an excellent reference for anyone interested in crash reconstruction and motor vehicle safety.
As a participating organization with the Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstruction (ACTAR), MdATAI holds a permanent seat on the commission’s Governing Board of Directors. All MdATAI sponsored conferences and training programs offer Continuing Education Units toward ACTAR accreditation. For members not accredited, MdATAI sponsored activities can provide much of the prerequisite training necessary to achieve accreditation.
Benefits of membership include:
- Networking with other professionals in the motor vehicle safety and collision investigation/reconstruction field
- Access to specialized conferences and training courses, many offering reduced rates to members
- ACTAR accreditation Continuing Education Units
- Subscription to the Accident Reconstruction Journal
- Reduced fee on the purchase of the ACTAR accreditation examination preparation kit (available through the publisher of the Accident Reconstruction Journal)
For more information about MdATAI, please contact us at email@example.com or write –
Maryland Association of Traffic Accident Investigators
P.O. Box 234
Waldorf, MD 20604